Pages

Saturday, May 31, 2014

Thrift Store Finds - Keep Looking



Earlier this week, I had the chance to go to one of my favorite places to look for great homesteading deals. the local Goodwill Store.

Although nothing is guaranteed, I have found some great deals on clothes, books, oil lamps and cast iron cookware.

On this recent visit, I came across a copy of The Boy Scout Handbook marked at $1.99. This book is a treasure trove of great information and I've been looking for a copy for a long time. Yes, I could go and buy it, but part of trying to live simply is coming up with less expensive ways to obtain the items that you need.

To make this even better, the book was tagged with a green price tag. For those that don't know, Goodwill  offers 1/2 price off every Wednesyday for items that are priced with their color of week.

This weeks color was green, which means that the book that I found for $1.99 was only .99!

No comments:

Post a Comment