Pages

Saturday, January 5, 2013

Venison Recipes - Part 1

The boys and I have had our opportunities to go deer hunting and although the ladies in our home don't like the taste of venison, we (the guys) still eat it whenever we get it.

I recently had an opportunity to introduce a love for venison to an elderly lady who works with me. She was given a 2 lb brisket that measures 6" x 6" x 2" from a deer harvest in Wisconsin.

She knows that we hunt and eat venison, so she asked for some help. She told me that she has tried venison before (in the 70's) and didn't like it due to the gaminess.

With that, I put together a list of recipes that I received from some friends that will hopefully help her to like it. I hope that these are helpful to you as well.

Rather than put them all in one long post, I am going to break them up so they are easier to read.

Bar-B-Que Venison
  1. In a crock pot, combine a bottle of BBQ sauce and the roast and let it cook on low till its falling apart.
  2. When the meat is done, falling apart, and tender, remove the meat from the crock and discard the liquid. 
  3. Shred the meat with a fork
  4. Add additional BBQ sauce until the mixture is juicy
  5. Serve on buns, a little cheese on your bun is good.
* You can also heat up the leftovers and add some cooked pasta for a second meal.

No comments:

Post a Comment